Pen & Ink and Watercolor 3/6
Pen & Ink and Watercolor with Ann Thomas
Friday, March 6: 9:30 am-12 pm
Join award-winning artist, Ann Thomas, as she demonstrates her process using rough sketches, simplified perspective and pen techniques with a watercolor wash. Bring your own image of a beloved building or street scene to paint in this exquisite style. For beginners and intermediate, alike. Students are to bring a Micron pen and any size sketchbook; all other supplies are provided.
$40 CCC Members / $48 Non-Members
- Waterproof (felt tip) ink pens in several size tips, a good one is Faber-Castell 4PITT Artist Pens, Black. OR any portable sketch pen with waterproof ink, there are some very nice fountain pens used for sketching – example: Lamy pens, Rotring, etc.
- Sketch pad, approximately 11 x 14” or what you prefer to use, with paper heavy enough to accept watercolor if desired
- Tracing paper pad or several large individual sheets.
- Soft pencils, sharpener and kneaded eraser
- Portable water container if using watercolors
- Small set of watercolors or watercolor pencils. Watercolor brushes in several sizes if using watercolor, for instance #2 round, #4 round pointed, #6 round and #12 round brushes are all good choices. 1 or 2 brushes are sufficient.
- Rags or paper towel for cleanup
- Portable chair for onsite sketching
- Students are encouraged to bring any photos they would like help in developing in case of inclement weather.
I encourage students to bring the tools they already have and are comfortable working with. This is a very portable class, and the media we use should be quick drying and easy to carry.