Landscapes and Bodies of Water in Pen and Ink and Watercolor with Ann Thomas
Fridays, April 3, 10, 17, 24: 9:30 am-12 pm
In your cache of vacation photos, you may have great images of landscapes with rivers, waterfalls, lakes, etc. Ann will help you master the techniques necessary to interpret these images with portable pen and ink and watercolor. Please bring images you’d like to work on with you to class. The supply list is available online.
$120 CCC Members / $144 Non-Members
Landscapes and Bodies of Water in Pen and Ink and Watercolor 4/3
- Waterproof (felt tip) ink pens in several size tips, a good one is Faber-Castell 4PITT Artist Pens, Black. OR any portable sketch pen with waterproof ink, there are some very nice fountain pens used for sketching – example: Lamy pens, Rotring, etc.
- Sketch pad, approximately 11 x 14” or what you prefer to use, with paper heavy enough to accept watercolor if desired
- Tracing paper pad or several large individual sheets.
- Soft pencils, sharpener and kneaded eraser
- Portable water container if using watercolors
- Small set of watercolors or watercolor pencils. Watercolor brushes in several sizes if using watercolor, for instance #2 round, #4 round pointed, #6 round and #12 round brushes are all good choices. 1 or 2 brushes are sufficient.
- Rags or paper towel for cleanup
- Portable chair for onsite sketching
- Students are encouraged to bring any photos they would like help in developing in case of inclement weather.
I encourage students to bring the tools they already have and are comfortable working with. This is a very portable class, and the media we use should be quick drying and easy to carry.